We've had quite a few people reaching out about sharing their video reviews. These videos may not be from big-name outlets, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth your time. Perhaps today's the day you find your new favorite video reviewer! That's why we're sharing video reviews from two different GN readers, Twinworld and Game Away. Check out their work below, and always feel free to send in your own video reviews. We'd like to start doing a weekly feature where we round up your reviews and share them with everyone else on GN!
- A wonderful meshing of genres
- top-notch visuals and audio
- super addictive gameplay you'll find hard to put down
- a lengthy journey and plenty of reasons to come back
- shop/resource management may turn some people off
- multiple revisits to locations in order to fully explore them
Ever Oasis isn't just one of the best games I've played on 3DS this year, it's one of the best games on 3DS...period. An absolutely astounding blend of multiple genres, including the resource management of Animal Crossing, the puzzles and exploration of Zelda, and the crafting/party management of top-tier RPGs. It made me a fan of gameplay mechanics I typically avoid at all costs. Ever Oasis looks, sounds, and plays the part of a AAA portable experience. A stellar achievement for a brand-new IP. This is not one to be missed.
- Vibrant cast of characters
- various competent control schemes
- doesn't require deep knowledge of fighting games
- fantastic fun in multiplayer
- not much in the way of single player content
- taking time to find the right character/arms combo might turn some people off
ARMS is a fresh and engaging entry into the fighting genre from Nintendo. A bit traditional fighting, a bit boxing, and plenty of Nintendo charm thrown into the mix. If you're looking for an intriguing experience for local multiplayer or online, ARMS should fit the bill. If you want single player fun, ARMS might leave you feeling a bit empty. Outside of some required time spent learning the game mechanics, ARMS can be a blast in the right situations.