- Free-aim and melee counter are fantastic additions
- Brings the Game Boy game to life in a completely new way
- Fantastic level design, themes, and atmosphere
- New abilities spice up classic 2D gameplay
- Pulse Scan might make item-hunting too easy
- amiibo-locked Fusion mode
Metroid: Samus Returns is the exact boost the Metroid franchise needed. It restores Samus' prestige to its former glory, all while offering a classic-style Metroid with tons of new bells and whistles. This may be a remake or re-imagining at its heart, but it certainly comes across as a brand-new experience. This is the Metroid experience fans have been waiting for after being let down with recent entries. As Nintendo has been saying ever since the reveal, Samus is back. We've missed you, old friend.